Hello, my sweet friends!
Welcome to the first day of November and the 2015 Ornament Exchange! Erlene, at My Pinterventures, partnered 80+ bloggers to exchange ornaments and we want to share our creations or special finds with you! Over the next 14 days, a group of ladies will be sharing our ornament tutorials or our shopping finds to give you lots of holiday inspiration.
I was paired with the sweet Ellen from The Chilly Dog blog. You have to stop by and see the beautiful things she does! She lives in Arizona and I know she doesn’t have too much snow there and she likes silver, so I decided to make something that can make her think about snowy Christmas.
Well, let’s see how I did it with materials I had on hand and some small Styrofoam balls I bought like beans in bean bags.
It’s really easy to do but there are some steps, so I decided to make a collage with all the pictures.
- Print a paper with some wording about Christmas on Swedish
- Tore the sheet
- Tore each one on smallest pieces, which are easier to hand
- Add some water inside a container and submerge the papers on it, this will make the cellulose softer and easier to bend
- Let them rinse
- Apply some white glue or ModPodge on the ball
- Glue one piece of paper onto it
- Keep glueing pieces and handle the ball carefully. Remember the paper is wet so therefore delicate
- Once you finish one, let it dry and repeat the process with more balls
- Let dry all of them
- Took a wine cork
- Slice it, and then cut a circle to make the hanger
- Stick a toothpick to hold the little pieces
- Submerge them into glue
- Do the same into the bowl of glitter and let it dry
- Cut a little wire (I used some pliers)
- Add the curved wire to the silver top, and hot glue it to the ball
- Now you have your ornaments ready. You can print or write some tags for extra decor.
These are the finished ornaments
I have to say that my girls helped me with this project; we did one ball each one and we had lots of fun!
Now you can go and check out the other ladies’ ornaments here! I hope you like them as much as I do!
Do you love DIY, recycling, home decor, furniture transformation and all kind of crafts? Then we have the same passion! I would love to share all my crazy ideas and projects with you so I would love if you SUBSCRIBE for my post e-mails.
I also share interesting content on Facebook and other social media, and I would love to hear from you! Not following me yet? Don’t be shy and stop by to say hello. Follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, +GOOGLE.